Barrymore Theatre

About Barrymore Theatre

Designed by architect Herbert J. Krapp and constructed by the Shuberts, it opened on December 20, 1928, with The Kingdom of God, a play selected by leading lady Ethel Barrymore. It is the only surviving theatre of the many the Shuberts built for performers who were affiliated with them. It has been used continuously as a legitimate house, unlike many of the older theatres that have been used for a variety of purposes throughout the years.

Barrymore Theatre's previous events